The Security Guard is responsible for safeguarding a person, building or valuable items. His/Her primary duties include checking and admitting visitors into a building, patrolling the premises at regular intervals and responding to any distress calls and alarms.
- Carries out security checks on visitors, on arrival and exit using security scanners and other equipment
- Inspects and patrols premises regularly
- Performs luggage checks as required
- Contacts the relevant authorities if a crime is committed or an accident occurs.
- Keeps a record of all visitors including the time of arrival and departure
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Monitors surveillance cameras
- Reports any suspicious behaviors and happenings
- Responds to alarms within the premises
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- High school diploma; Further education in security administration or similar field will be an asset
- Previous work experience as a Security Guard
- Knowledge of standard security and safety protocols
- Trained in First Aid/BLS and self-defense
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills
Skills needed for this role
The Security Guard must have excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to work well in a team. He/She must have exceptional physical fitness and strength, quick thinking and problem-solving skills. He/She must have strong attention to detail and the ability to work in high-pressure environments.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Law Enforcement, Security