The Senior Java Developer works with the Java programming language to develop web applications and computer systems. He/She assigns tasks to other team members, designing and testing code, and communicating with clients to analyze their requirements
- Works with users and clients to determine what their needs are and then develop the appropriate software to meet those requirements.
- Conducts the testing of completed code modules with the help of junior Java developers,
- Ensures that written code falls in line with the project objectives.
- Plans and executes all deployment of system features and monitor for successful integration, maintaining the system throughout its lifecycle
- Assists other developers with troubleshooting, debugging, and coding.
- Builds, tests and supports various desktop applications at the request of the business support department
- Recommends upgrades to existing programs as required.
- Creates documentation to detail how applications or systems work together to ensure they’re maintained properly in the future and to help with any upgrades.
- Recommends software solutions to emerging needs in banking functionality and report ability
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Proven previous work experience as a Senior Java Developer
- Knowledge of current frameworks, SDKs, APIs, and libraries.
- Advanced experience in Java and Java Applets in the enterprise development process
Skills needed for this role
The Senior Java Developer needs a creative mindset to think outside the box and finds alternative ways to develop computer systems. He/She must be focused and detail oriented to spot any inaccuracies or errors within the code. He/She should have a skill in developing a broad range of applications and proprietary solutions.
Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Management