The Senior Software Engineer develops information systems by studying operations, designing, developing and installing software solutions as well as supporting and developing software teams. He/She leads a team of developers responsible for building new and supporting existing websites.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Designs, develops, modifies, implements, and supports software components anywhere in the software stack.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Determines process improvements, best practices, and develops new processes.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Troubleshoots and debugs to optimise performance
- Provides code documentation and other inputs to technical documents
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or a closely related field
- Proven previous work experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
Skills needed for this role
The Senior Software Engineer must have a strong understanding of version control systems (GIT, SVN etc.) and object-oriented principles and knows how to use several design patterns. Having strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with autonomy are also essential for this role.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee, Supervisory
Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Management