The Senior System Administrator plans, implements, oversees and maintains server and network infrastructures and projects. His/Her responsibilities include supervising our Operations team, monitoring system performance and configuring new software and hardware.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of an enclave of networks, servers, and client workstations.
- Helps develop, document, communicate, and enforce a network technology policy.
- Proactively manages and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Installs, configures, maintains, and administers enclave-level networks, network devices, client machines and servers.
- Plans ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
- Performs flaw remediation.
- Designs, installs and configures internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Maintains inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Establishes, monitors, and evaluates effectiveness of logging procedures to meet enclave security requirements.
- Mentors and cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Proven previous work experience as a Senior System Administrator
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
Skills needed for this role
The Senior System Administrator must have the ability to collaborate and communicate, awareness of the organization, technical expertise, consistent Desire for development and must have the problem-solving ability.
Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Management