The Senior Vice President oversees the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, and security of the company’s information systems and processes including computer, communication, and office systems. He/She helps a company to achieve financial goals and objectives and increase operating performance. Prepares budgets, creates business plans, and solves internal issues as they arise.
- Leads significant units, departments, or operations of a total organization
- Signs documents and makes commitments for the company for which the company is legally liable
- Leads, guides, directs, and evaluates the work of other executive leaders, including assistant vice presidents, senior directors, and managers
- Contributes to the sales and profitability requirements of the business as determined by the strategic plans.
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Maintains awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards
- Formulates and implement the strategic plan that guides the direction of a team’s business or its area of functional responsibility, such as developing a strategic marketing plan
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to ensure company growth and stability
- A postgraduate degree in business management, administration, or finance
- A superb understanding of corporate legislation and company guidelines
- Certification in the field of the firm such as a CPA license
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Skills needed for this role
The Senior Vice President must have excellent analytical skills and a data-driven mindset. He/She must have the proficiency in negotiations, operational management, and implementation. He/She must be good in decision-making, strategic thinking and leadership abilities.