The Shift Leader directs other employees to perform their daily routines and interacts with customers to make sure that the customers have a satisfactory experience. He/She performs quality management and ensures customer satisfaction by properly training employees and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Assigns duties to specific employees based on role and skills
- Monitors team performance and ensures duties are performed efficiently
- Ensures compliance with established company and regulatory guidelines and procedures to provide high quality service and outstanding customer care
- Develops positive working relationships with all employees and work as part of a team by assisting others if necessary
- Establishes task for employees to ensure a clean workplace, this includes stocking supplies and maintaining clean restrooms and public spaces
- Conducts performance reviews and sharing feedback with both upper management and team members
- Addresses adverse events and action thresholds in the area of responsibility
- Monitors inventory levels
- A degree in business management or a related field
- Previous experience as a Shift Leader or in a similar role in retail
- Basic arithmetic knowledge to balance production cost, expenditure, and quantity
- Knowledge of company software and the ability to troubleshoot common computer-related issues is preferred
Skills needed for this role
The Shift Leader must support a positive teamwork environment that proactively keeps other employees productive and customers happy. He/She must have the ability to work for long periods of time with a physically demanding environment. Having leadership and team building skills are essential as working with a diverse group is an important function of the position.