The Shipping Manager specializes in managing a company’s shipping and receiving operations. He/She is responsible for coordinating the processing of incoming shipments and the packaging of outgoing shipments.
- Plans and implements overall shipping strategy
- Negotiates the price of shipment transportation with carriers
- Uses shipping software to organize and prioritize shipping activities
- Processes shipment documentation and inspecting completed orders.
- Oversees the whole shipping process
- Manages all the crucial documents such as bills of lading, pick slips, shipping notices etc.
- Supervises and oversees shipping team members
- Complies to shipping industry regulations and company policies
- Sets and controls shipping and distribution budget
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven work experience as a Procurement Manager for more than 5 years
- Proficiency in electronic shipping software, such as ShippingEasy and ShipStation.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
- Knowledge of logistics operations and shipping procedures and documents
- Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions
Skills needed for this role
The Shipping Manager must have good communication and interpersonal skills are highly required. He/She must have excellent organizational and coordination abilities and must have the ability to work as part of a team or even as a leader of a team. Possessing good leadership skills is also essential for this role.