The Sommelier oversees the wine menu and offers recommendations on the best pairings. His/Her responsibilities include supervising wine serving, collaborating with winemakers to upgrade selections, and providing wine recommendations to guests.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, inventory, organizing and selling wine for all departments
- Oversees all wine purchases and cost management
- Oversees the Wine Committee duties
- Assists members and guests during the dinner service with wine recommendations and selection for perfect pairing with their dinner, decanting of the wine and wine service
- Develops a training program for all Team Members to improve their knowledge of wine tasting and wine service
- Ensuring that the wine cellar is fully stocked.
- Collaborating with chefs and the food and beverage manager when making selections
- Networking with area vineyards to find unique selections and get fair prices
- Certification as a sommelier or a degree in hospitality is beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge on wines and regions of the different types.
- Knowledge of local vineyards and wineries.
- An understanding of the wine making process.
- Available to work long hours, weekends, and travel.
Skills needed for this role
The Sommelier must have wine cellar management skills, communication skills and must possess superior people skills. He/She must have knowledge of local vineyards and wineries and an understanding of the wine making process.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee