The Sourcing Manager is responsible for all types of sourcing that require the skills to identify cost-saving opportunities, create competitive environments, effectively negotiate, and make contracts to assure continuous availability of all required products to support the company demand. He/She manages and oversees service and product sourcing strategy.
- Identifies situations in advance where procurement involvement can increase.
- Plans and manages company’s overall sourcing strategy
- Creates strategic sourcing plans for smooth functioning of the department
- Writes sourcing documentation and statements
- Develops a sourcing plan for both local and international sources, so that fast and effectively sourcing operations are possible.
- Negotiates pricing and control costs
- Develops and administers an efficient global supply chain and monitors inventory for all global products and assists to increase growth.
- Conducts market research, as well as creating cost estimates and forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven work experience as a Sourcing Manager for more than 5 years
- Proficiency in sourcing software, such Fraxion Spend Management and Promena e-Sourcing.
- Outstanding negotiation abilities
Skills needed for this role
The Sourcing Manager must have good problem-solving and critical thinking abilities. He/She must have outstanding experience of using sourcing software and solid interpersonal and communication skills. Having excellent project management and leadership skills are also essential for this role.