The Staff Assistant supports the staff of a company or organization, assuring that their operations run efficiently and helping other staff members to adequately fill their roles. He/She also provides administrative support to staff members, often answering calls and emails or scheduling appointments.
- Utilizes computer technology, clerical, financial, and record keeping or processing duties of a particular area or function
- Responds to the employee complaints and forwards them to the Human Resource department
- Gathers data and assists in preparing reports
- Notifies staff members of important information and company policies
- Maintains inventory and/or order office supplies
- Makes any necessary arrangements such as reserving a conference room or special equipment
- Keyboards and processes text and information, and may answer general correspondence
- An Associate’s degree in business administration, office management or a field related to the industry
- Proven work experience as a Staff Assistant
- Familiarity with office equipment including printers, photocopiers, shredders, and consumables
- Proficiency in MS Office and other office management programs
- Highly organized with attention to detail
Skills needed for this role
The Program Administrator must be capable of working independently with minimal supervision, highly organized, and attentive to detail. In order to successfully support staff, they must be able to manage multiple priorities and once, solve problems, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Less than 1 Year Experienced Employee