The Stock Controller maintains a company’s inventory, replenishing items according to business needs and implementing purchases, audits, and transfers. He/She maintains purchase and pricing reports, replenishes stock levels, and oversees shipments and internal stock transfers.He/She must also be adept planners who can use sales data to gauge when and how much to restock.
- Coordinates stock control operations with warehouse staff, as well as the sales and finance departments.
- Enters shipping and inventory data in the computer system
- Utilizes the company’s inventory software platform to check in products and compare deliveries to outstanding purchase orders
- Analyzes supply chain data to ensure the uninterrupted availability of stock.
- Manages purchasing orders for incoming equipment, services, and supplies
- Collaborates with purchasing group to determine when products are missing from deliveries and contact vendors in regards to damaged product
- Keeps track of inventory and supplies that need restocking
- Oversees stock storage processes, including tagging, boxing, and labeling.
- Forecasts supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS).
- Verifies receipts and confirms purchase contents and orders are complete
- Maintains accurate record of inventory and stock management systems according to set standards
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, or a related field preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller or similar roles
- In-depth knowledge of inventory management principles and best practices.
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
Skills needed for this role
The Stock Controller must be proficient with moving items through the various phases of the supply chain. He/She should remain calm in high-pressure situations, and confidently handles challenges such as delayed deliveries or errors in product count. He/She needs to accurately process and record details, especially numbers.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee