The Supply Chain Analyst has an important role in the planning and carrying out of large-scale projects. He/She collects data and then analyzes in order to make improvements to the supply chain system. They work to promote top-notch performance from workers and lower the costs of items used in projects.
- Designs and implements methods to gather and manage supply chain data
- Analyzes data to identify areas of supply chain operations to improve efficiency.
- Creates performance reports for management to review
- Researches and seeks out the most cost-efficient shipment procedures and methods
- Investigates problems, finds root causes, and develops solutions
- Reviews and analyzes gathered data to locate was areas in the supply chain process and develop methods to improve
- Collects data on scheduling procedures and production output.
- Gathers data on each step within the supply chain, using it to recommend changes to reduce costs
- Provides analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals
- Researches partner companies and seeks to negotiate best-price contracts to increase business revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, or a related field preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Supply Chain Analyst or similar roles
- Supply Chain Management certification is not necessary though strongly preferred
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
Skills needed for this role
The Supply Chain Analyst must have professional communication skills when conversing and negotiating with vendors. He/She must have exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenges and needs to be addressed. Having the ability to research companies and determine the best vendors to reach out to for various projects are also essential for this role.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee