The Supply Chain Manager coordinates, organizes, and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of the company’s goods. He/She reviews data and then enacts a plan in order to make improvements to the supply chain system.
- Seeks to improve all aspects of the supply chain department by reviewing current methodology and processes
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Works with procurement managers and buyers to source the right products
- Works with plant, warehouse, and logistics departments to determine and set up intercompany transfers.
- Works closely with the IT department to create effective databases to manage and organize warehouse inventory
- Identifies process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Improves the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
- Plans and implements the overall supply chain strategy
- Trains and instructs other members of the Supply Chain team
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, or a related field preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Supply Chain Manager or similar roles
- Hands-on experience with supply chain management software (such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance, etc.)
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Actively seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain by streamlining steps and locating the best prices for inventory
Skills needed for this role
The Supply Chain Manager must have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.. He/She must have strong supervisory, leadership, organizational skills and attention to detail. Having a thorough understanding of company products and logistics is also essential for this role,
Logistics, Supply Chain