A Tax Accountant is accountable for the collection of tax-related information, reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state, county, and local levels in a timely manner, and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies.
- Conducted tax reviews and compilations to identify potential exposure areas and provided suggestions
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits
- Prepares company and client tax forms and data while offering tax accounting advice to both clients and internal company departments
- Prepared federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, trusts, estates and non-profits
- Collating a company’s financial data, ensuring all accounts are in order
- Prepares tax accruals for company records and accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance of Accounting
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a tax accountant or similar role.
- Certification Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Experience consulting tax handbooks or other printed materials to determine the proper procedures for preparing advanced level returns
Skills needed for this role
Tax Accountants require excellent numerical and analytical skills. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are also essential to enable them to communicate internally and externally at all levels.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Accounting/Finance, Audit & Taxation