The Technical Account Manager is responsible for managing all the technical aspects of a company’s relationship with its clients. He/She works closely with the business and sales account management team in order to win new business and increase sales.
Key Responsibilities Responds in a timely way to product-related inquiries Assists customers’ technical requests and take care of any technical issues Evaluates customer needs to suggest upgrades or additional features. Demonstrates products to customers and explain how such products meet customers’ needs. Deals with inquiries about commercial terms and conditions, returns and warranties, incentive programs and product information Informs and trains clients about products and their use Builds strong customer relationships, especially with key customer stakeholders and sponsors Maintains customer relationships and ensures customer satisfaction. identifies and provides the support and services such customers will need so as to make productive and effective use of the products.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or related field of study.
- Proven experience as a Technical Account Manager or other related roles for more than 5 years
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to match client’s business requirements with product capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build positive relationships with other team members
Skills needed for this role
The Technical Account Manager must have good interpersonal skills since he/she will work with different members of the reseller team, including senior executives, sales and marketing managers, sales and customer service representatives. He/She must combine excellent product knowledge and presentation skills so that he/she can clearly communicate the benefits of reselling their company’s products.