The Territory Manager builds and fosters strong customer relationships within a particular region. He/She designs strategies aimed at growing regional revenue by satisfying customer needs and special requests. He/She uses consumer research to maximize potential revenues and gain the loyalty of their clientele.
- Meets regularly with regional clients
- Manages your customer account base and build strong relationships with existing and new clients.
- Travels throughout an assigned territory to train and guide company sales representatives.
- Observes competitor strategies within the assigned region
- Delivers to financials and market share goals.
- Monitors competitors’ sales activity within an assigned territory.
- Ensures execution of the commercial, promotional & strategic plans.
- Provides detailed reports to the sales director
- Draws on their extensive sales experience to develop, schedule and pre-promote new marketing activities.
- Responds to regional client needs with solutions from the company
- Sources and develops new business opportunities from initial contact to closure
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Successful previous experience as a Territory Manager
- Knowledge of sales principles and skills to offer excellent customer services
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Excellent and motivational communication skills
- Possesses a good knowledge of economics and how current market trends influence sales
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
Skills needed for this role
The Territory Manager must have experience with business to business and business to consumer sales techniques. He/She must have strong management skills and the ability to work in a high-intensity, fast-paced environment. Having the ability to meet physical demands of jobs, including lifting, standing and walking is also essential for this role.
Sales and Marketing