The Test Engineer works to test products prior to their official launch to identify potential problems and ensure quality. He/She collaborates with various departments from network engineers, support and operations to ensure a plan is in motion to provide a seamless product launch. He/She also seeks to balance various aspects of the project, from safety to design.
- Establishes a framework for necessary contributions from various departments and facilitate their collaboration
- Meets with the product design team to determine product testing parameters.
- Defines procedures for specific products by writing test plans and creating test cases based on requirements and design documentation
- Documents and monitors testing outcomes and establish steps to remedy problems
- Prepares test reports for management.
- Develops automated systems to make tests reusable.
- Analyzes current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve testing procedures
- Tests and proves that the software meets major architectural requirements
- Understands of how to properly document test cases and create effective and focused testing plans
- Ensures the quality of the system as a whole
- Assists with problems encountered internally, such as system malfunctions
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field is preferred
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Must have obtained license as a Test Engineer
- Proven previous work experience as a Test Engineer
- Advanced understanding Experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture
- Knowledge of diagramming software including Gliffy, Microsoft Viso, and AutoCAD.
Skills needed for this role
The Test Engineer must have the ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan. He/She must have advanced knowledge of testing methodologies and when certain strategies are recommended. Having extensive knowledge and experience working with various operating systems and backend programming are also essential for this role.
Licensed Professional, Skilled Worker