The Training Manager is an essential role in the organization. He/She works across many departments and with many stakeholders to ensure that the training developed by the organization meets the needs of each function and is aligned with the goals of the business.
- Ensures that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Develops individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs.
- Oversees employee attendance and performance
- Develops training manuals that target tangible results.
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, and training requirements applicable to the organization and/or industry.
- Ensures strategic alignment of the training department with business goals
- Reviews existing training materials produced by third parties to determine appropriateness and relevance
- Communicates all the training programs on a timely basis
- Identifies problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve.
- Monitors training programmes and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and makes updates as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Human Resources, Finance or relevant field
- Proven experience as a Technical Training Manager or similar role
- Training & Development certification preferred
- Proficiency in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Good knowledge of training related software
- Superb track record in developing and executing successful training programs.
- Good knowledge of talent management and succession planning methods
Skills needed for this role
The Training Manager must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong graphic design ability. He/She must have a thorough understanding of training processes and the ability to moderate large groups. Being extremely organized and detail-oriented are also essential for this role.
Training and Development