The Travel Consultant requires to interact with clients and guide them toward picking the best holiday package to suit all of their requirements. His/Her contribution will impact the company as well as the satisfaction of our customers and drive profits. He/She assesses clients’ needs, budgets, likes and dislikes to make appropriate recommendations. He/She uses their connections to hotels, car companies, and airlines to get the best deals available.
- Researches, explores and studies different travel destination options
- Researches about destination and travel prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Researches and studies clients’ specifications and wishes
- Suggests suitable travel options that best suit clients’ needs
- Plans and organizes travels
- Books tickets, reserves accommodation, organize rental transportation
- Informs clients and provide useful travel material such as guides, maps and event programs
- Collects deposits and balances
- Offers and promotes different services and offerings
- Keeps learning about latest industry trends
- Attends webinars, conferences and other educational programs
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients
- Bachelor’s degree in travel and tourism, hospitality business or relevant fields.
- Prior experience as a travel agent or an avid traveler is a bonus.
- Strong knowledge of traveling software and procedures.
- Multilingualism is an advantage.
- Up to date with domestic and international travel trends.
- Well read on the rules and regulation of tourism.
Skills needed for this role
The Travel Consultant must have excellent communication and people skills. Must have efficient negotiation and sales skills and basic computer skills and software like MS Office. Having good presentation skills is also required for this role.
Travel and Tourism