The Treasurer oversees the company’s budget and investments. He/She also manages and works to minimize financial risk for the company. He/She supervises cash management and supports proper expenditure to promote the growth of the business.
- Assess, reviews and protects company financial wellbeing
- Ensures cash flow is adequate
- Handles daily cash balances and the money market
- Ensures that proposed projects are likely to be beneficial
- Manages major projects such as company refinancing
- Assess the likely impact of problems such as late payments, limited cash flow etc
- Makes decisions about company funding options, insurance contracts and other financial issues
- Makes company board presentations
- Keeps up-to-date with developments within the profession/industry.
- Submits forecasting and financial reports.
- Implements legislative and financial policies.
- Prepares budgets and financial statements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- MBA or an advanced degree in business, management, or finance required
- CPA certification is mandatory.
- Expert with industry-related financial software systems including SAP and Oracle.
- In depth knowledge of financing techniques and investment management.
- Thorough knowledge and information of the financial legislature.
- Knowledge of monetary markets, business investment management and financing strategies
- Accuracy when computing and managing numbers
Skills needed for this role
The Treasurer must have excellent communication and forecasting skills. He/She must have advanced mathematical skills, interpersonal skills and must be a Critical Thinker with problem solving skills. Proven leadership and decision-making abilities in a business setting are also essential for this role.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee
Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Business Management