The Typist performs a variety of typing-related tasks for organizations, such as transcribing audio recordings, encoding handwritten documents, and other general document processing. He/She works on typewriters, word processors, and also may perform a variety of other clerical duties.
- Analyzes drafts, corrected reports, voice recordings and dictation devices to type information in a way that is usable and organized
- Types up company documents from dictation, audio recordings, written documents, and other media
- Edits completed material to eliminate unnecessary wording and ensure compliance with grammar, spelling and formatting rules
- Files records and copies of physical and digital documents
- Participates in meetings to record minutes and effectively filter content to include only information that is applicable, important and necessary for reference later
- Copies typing involves working from handwritten, printed or typed documents
- Answers phone calls, and direct callers to desired recipients or take a message in situations where the person requested is unavailable
- Proofreads completed work and correcting spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- High School Diploma or general educational diploma
- Proven work experience as a Typist
- Proficiency in office software such as MS Word, Excel, and Google Docs
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to spot spelling and grammar errors
Skills needed for this role
The Typist must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. He/She must have exceptional reading, listening comprehension abilities and outstanding typing skills. Having strong organization and time-management skills are also essential for this role.
Less than 1 Year Experienced Employee