The Vice President of Engineering ensures that products meet design requirements, and deliver a consistent experience for users. VP Engineering manages an entire team of engineers and developers, collaborating with the product managers, as well as guiding the company’s product vision and maintaining compliance with quality standards.
- Oversees the preparation and final approval of project plans.
- Conducts or acquires cost analysis for development projects; prepares or delegates preparation of schedule of project completion dates.
- Ensures that projects are completed within budget and in an economical manner.
- Develops standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Monitors all complaints and problems and ensure timely resolution for all
- Administers market position of company and coordinate with customers and sales and marketing team to design effective strategies to improve same
- Coordinates with the R & D department and prepares plans for effective integration of various technical skills.
- Assists human resource department in recruitment of staff and ensures appropriate functioning of production process.
- Analyzes and document product specification for various marketing trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; MBA preferred
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with both software development and with hardware engineering
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
- Experience managing a distributed team
Skills needed for this role
The Vice President of Engineering must know how to recruit and develop top engineering talent. He/She must have excellent time management skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills. He/She must have strong supervisory and leadership skills and must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also essential for this role.