The Video Editor handles the post-production phase of creating videos or films. He/She brings together raw footage and media and edit these to form videos that are fully ready for viewing. He/She uses digital software to organize video and sound files into a final product.
- Meets with the director to determine production vision.
- Manipulates film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Maintains continuity while moving shots according to scene value.
- Trims footage and puts together the rough project.
- Inserts dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Ensures the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consults with the director and production team throughout the project.
- Creates the final cut for broadcasting.
- BSC in Filmmaking, Cinematography or relevant field
- A complete portfolio depicting the works completed so far
- In depth experience with special effects, 3D, Adobe, final cut Pro X and compositing
- Thorough experience of using video editing software like Adobe Premier, Final cut pro etc.
- Ability to understand the desired outcome of a project when meeting with clients and the ability to bring them to life
- Experience in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects
Skills needed for this role
The Video Editor must have a creative mind and excellent time management skills, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and great communication skills (oral and written).
1-4 Years Experienced Employee