The Visual Merchandiser works in retail sales and develops creative visual concepts to build attractive store displays. He/She uses creativity and combines the brand’s goals with the customer’s desires. He/She encourages potential customers to enter stores and purchase merchandise
- Conducts research on current and future trends in design and lifestyle, and associated target market features
- Ensures uniformity of displays across multiple store locations.
- Finalizes designs and creates detailed floor plans for display areas.
- Researches current industry trends and remain on the cutting edge of visual design and merchandising
- Tests different visuals and compare results
- Meets with business, sales managers and retail managers to discuss sales strategies
- Plans, creates and executes overall business visual merchandising strategy
- Creates attractive concepts to be used in-store signage and on social media platforms
- Identifies and sources props, fabrics, hardware and lighting
- Researches lifestyle and designs trends that will inform the visual merchandising strategy.
- High school diploma is required, an advanced degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- Proven work experience as a Visual Merchandiser
- Knowledge of sales principles and skills to offer excellent customer services
- Hands-on experience with visual software (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Working knowledge of current visual merchandising trends and best practices.
Skills needed for this role
The Visual Merchandiser must be confident in creating and communicating concepts in business meetings and to supervisors. He/She must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. He/she should be excited and energetic in designing new ways to reach customers. Having the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment is essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Sales and Marketing