The Warehouse Manager supervises all activities of that facility, which often involves overseeing team performance, expediting the receiving and shipping of goods, and ensuring efficient, organized storage. He/She is responsible for workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building and stock
- Coordinates the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
- Liaises with transport companies, suppliers and clients
- Ensures the warehouse operates at peak efficiency
- Implements operational policies and procedures.
- Responds to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone
- Maintains statistical and financial records
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements
- Maintains documentation and keeps accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Keeps stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Plans future capacity requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, or a related field preferred; High School diploma or GED
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager or similar roles
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and warehouse software programs.
Skills needed for this role
The Warehouse Manager must have excellent oral and written communication skills, numeracy and an understanding of finance for stock management. He/She should have people management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas.