The Warehouse Supervisor assists Warehouse Manager with hiring and training of new employees. He/She schedules and oversees warehouse staff and conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Supervises warehouse staff and daily activities.
- Receives and records new inventory as it is delivered; inspects and stores it according to policy.
- Performs a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
- Plans, organizes, supervises and participates in daily warehouse operation and activities
- Determines and tracks the most important warehouse KPIs
- Conducts physical inventory, compares results to computerized inventory, and reconciles any differences.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews
- Replenishes stock and inventory as needed.
- Coordinates and maintains fleets and equipment.
- Ensures that all stock is stored in correct locations in the warehouse.
- High School Diploma or general educational diploma.
- Degree in business, management, logistics or a related field preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Supervisor or similar roles
- A forklift driver’s certification.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with warehouse equipment, including forklifts, pallet jacks, and computer-based inventory systems
Skills needed for this role
The Warehouse Supervisor must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong supervisory and leadership skills and the ability to anticipate and solve problems. He/She must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and must be proficient with data entry and inventory software and systems.