The Webmaster maintains websites and servers for an organization. His/Her duties include working closely with web professionals to design or update websites, fixing website errors and creating a response plan for down servers and running tests to make sure designs or updates function properly.
- Manages and monitors server performance
- Builds and tests aesthetic, functional, and user-friendly websites.
- Fixes links that don’t work and pictures that aren’t appearing properly.
- Configures web servers
- Implements and ensures website security and data protection.
- Regulates and manages access rights of different users on websites.
- Uploads and updates web pages
- Tests websites across browsers, operating systems and devices
- Checks that hardware and software are functioning correctly
- Meets with designers to agree on the site’s design.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or a closely related field
- Proven previous work experience as a Webmaster
- Online marketing and SEO skills.
- Working knowledge of programming languages and operating systems.
Skills needed for this role
The Webmaster must have extensive knowledge of website management, analytics, design, and SEO best practices and standards. He/She must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Having strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills are also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Management