The Professional Welder works with a variety of materials to fabricate new parts, equipment, construction elements, and much more. He/She is skillful in handling many types of metal as well as numerous fabrication tools are an essential part of the opportunities a welder would find while working with the company.
- Reads blueprints and drawings
- Takes and reads measurements
- Always follows specifications and instructions for maximum efficiency
- Welds components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Repairs machinery
- Plans layouts and procedures
- Determines the appropriate welding equipment or machinery to be used
- Sets up components for welding
- Aligns components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Reports damages on machines and equipment
- Tests and inspects welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintains equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A valid certificate in welding from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
Skills needed for this role
The Professional Welder must have good time-management skills, interpersonal and communication skills. Being a critical thinker and having problem-solving skills are also essential for this role.