The Real Estate Appraiser determines the monetary value of business properties and other assets. He/She assesses homes, commercial appraisers evaluate commercial properties such office buildings, industrial centers, hotels, malls, retail stores, and parking garages. He/She personally inspects properties, collects data, conducts financial analysis, and stays up to date with local real estate market conditions.
- Inspects, assesses, measures, photographs, and documents the interior and exterior conditions, features, and details of properties.
- Assesses the value and condition of additional amenities and improvements such as swimming pools, garages, and other structures.
- Researches the market value of comparable properties in the area to guide the determination of the value of the property being appraised.
- Records health and/or safety code violations.
- Creates a diagram or other recording of the property’s layout.
- Drafts and prepares detailed appraisal reports.
- Collaborates with real estate agents to determine clients’ asking prices or offers.
- Maintains knowledge of real estate market conditions in the area.
- Adheres to professional code of ethics and rules of conduct.
- Associates degree in Appraisal or Business required; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of software such as ARGUS, CoStar and LoopNet
- Knowledge of current industry’s rules and regulations
- Team player
- Current state license as certified real estate appraiser required
- Thorough understanding of appraisal methodology
Skills needed for this role
The Real Estate Appraiser must have a thorough understanding of appraisal methodology, solid math and business skills and a precise attention to detail. He/She must have a strong analytical skill set, customer service skills and organizational and time-management skills.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Real Estate, Business