The Area Manager manages and assumes overall responsibility for the success of stores by directing all operational aspects of each store and driving sales whilst minimizing costs. He/She drives company sales by ensuring that the stores within their region operate smoothly.
- Ensures that store managers and their staff keep stores to the highest possible standards
- Maximises sales and profitability
- Plans, implements and monitors the regional operational strategy
- Manages day-to-day operations within the organization
- Develops business plans for optimal use of resources and time.
- Manages and assumes overall responsibility for the success of their stores by directing all operational aspects of each store and driving sales whilst minimizing costs.
- Controls the training and development of your staff
- Oversees operations to ensure efficiency
- Creates and communicates sales targets at regular intervals.
- Creates and delivers reports to senior-level officers and maintain effective meeting notes
- Develops marketing plans to achieve sales targets and increases brand visibility within the assigned area.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in business administration, retail management or a related field
- Successful previous experience as an Area Manager
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage others
- Additional, formal training in management, finance, or sales is preferred.
- Decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
Skills needed for this role
The Area Manager ensures that all customer service initiatives are in place, dealing with issues quickly and courteously. He/She needs to be well organized and schedules regular store visits to ensure compliance in all areas of customer service, store operations, and loss prevention. He/She trains, challenges, motivates, encourages, and provides constructive guidance to store managers and the team related to all areas of effective operations.