The Auto Mechanic fixes vehicles and replaces their parts for customers. His/Her duties include inspecting the vehicle’s mechanical components and its engine, diagnosing problems with vehicles and performing maintenance and repair work on cars, trucks and other vehicles.
- Inspects vehicle engine
- Uses manual and computerized diagnostic methods to identify potential problems in a car
- Inspects mechanical and electrical components
- Tests parts and systems to ensure they work correctly
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives
- Diagnoses issues timely and accurately
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Inspects vehicle computer and electronic systems
- Explains mechanical problems and possible solutions to clients
- Conducts regular maintenance work such as replacing fluids, lubricating parts
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven previous work experience as a Auto Mechanic
- Proven ability to diagnose and repair vehicles and follow safety instructions and directions.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
- Relevant years of experience with vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
Skills needed for this role
The Auto Mechanic must have good time-management skills, great interpersonal and communication skills. He/She must have mechanical skills and knowledge of mechanical systems. Having familiarity with complex electronic control systems is also essential for this role.