The Construction Engineer contributes to the planning and design of the project, allocating resources to each of the project’s stages, and overseeing the engineering processes of our construction project. He/She surveys the area where the job is to take place, paying special attention to environmental issues or government codes that need to be considered.
- Manages the planning and design stages of construction projects.
- Contributes technical expertise to project drawings and designs.
- Performs cost calculations and prepares financial projections.
- Prepares work schedules in collaboration with the project manager.
- Liaises between contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Oversees construction engineering processes.
- Performs regular tests on materials and procedures to ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Ensures that the construction project is completed on time and within budget.
- Documents processes and keeping detailed construction logs.
- Presents construction project progress updates to clients and senior managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a relevant field
- Comprehensive understanding of construction processes, including logistics, procurement, and regulatory reporting requirements
- State-approved license.
- Thorough knowledge of construction industry regulations.
- Availability to visit the construction site outside of business hours, when relevant.
- Advance proficiency in construction management software, such as BuildSmart and Smartsheet.
Skills needed for this role
The Construction Engineer must have exceptional leadership, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills. He/She must have great mathematical, organizational, and time-management skills. Having excellent written and verbal communication skills are also required for this role.