The Construction Expeditor facilitates the smooth completion of construction ventures at all of our construction sites. He/She makes sure that each building site has a sufficient and convenient stream of hardware, tools and other raw materials.
- Detects supply needs using technical details and schedules
- Manages materials and supply orders and to ensure that all supplies fit the parameters of a project.
- Maintains relationships with materials providers
- Places orders as necessary and ensures materials get to job sites at the intended times for work to commence on schedule.
- Strives towards timely delivery and competitive supply prices
- Determines issues to accelerate the delivery of orders.
- Determines supply needs through technical details and schedules
- Understands technical specifications of material and equipment to meet the project deadlines.
- High School Diploma or General educational diploma
- Proven work experience as a Construction Expeditor for more than 2 years
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with a focus on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understand technical specifications of material and various equipment
- good background in construction and familiarity with the materials and processes commonly used
Skills needed for this role
The Construction Expeditor must be well-organized problem solver٫ able to multitask and possessing great communication skills. Experience in project management and knowledge of basic purchasing and technical principles are also required.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee