The Drafter is responsible for creating 3D models of products in modeling software. He/She creates these models from scratch and also updates existing models. He/She creates models in CAD, helps design new products, creates standard models, and edits any changes based on customer preference. He/She also specifies the correct dimensions and material.
- Creates the correct model in CAD
- Follows specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings.
- Finds out customer requirements by speaking to them
- Prepares both rough sketches and detailed work with CADD systems.
- Makes revisions on a model based on customer requirements
- Specifies dimensions, materials, and procedures.
- Programs drawings into automated manufacturing systems.
- Works from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects
- Specifies material used on model
- Adds details to architectural plans from their knowledge of building techniques
- Creates visual guidelines for construction purposes
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or architecture.
- Proven previous work experience as a Drafter
- Experience in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD).
- Knowledge of necessary regulations
- Experience with SolidWorks software a plus
Skills needed for this role
The Drafter must have the ability to solve problems, stay organized and juggle multiple projects at once. He/She must have solid mathematical skills and must be very detail oriented.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee