The Lead Data Scientist manages the data science team, planning projects, and building analytics models, leveraging on large volumes of data across sources in a variety of forms. He/She is responsible for leading the development of analytics-focused products and utilizing cutting edge machine learning, natural language processing, and mathematical techniques to develop powerful sciences.
- Leads and manages a team of data scientists that is innovative, collaborative, and customer-focused.
- Manages a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers and big data specialists
- Measures business performance, develops core metrics and creates dashboards
- Spots and manages data development challenges in the organization
- Responsible for data science professional development and training in the use of modern data science tools.
- Performs deep analyses and builds models to understand customer behavior, and extract key insights that impact product decisions.
- Performs research and builds core understanding of the company performance metrics to qualitatively inform and interpret models.
- Standardizes methods and algorithms used across the business unit.
- Develops and maintains standard software libraries and associated documentation
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
Skills needed for this role
The Lead Data Scientist must have experience of implementing quality assurance of software-based processes and analytical outputs. He/She must have experience of using machine learning or artificial intelligence technologies. He/She must also have great communication skills, good scripting and programming skills .
Information & Technology, Business Intelligence