The Leasing Agent ensures properties are maintained effectively, market properties and screen prospective tenants. He/She preserves favorable relations with property owners and tenants and contributes to a positive atmosphere in the office. He/She oversees and coordinates the orientation of new tenants, and assists with performing office management and clerical tasks.
- Warmly greets visitors, prospective renters, and current residents.
- Provides potential tenants with brochures, information, and tours of facilities and available units.
- Consults with prospective tenants to identify requirements and budgets, and then matches these needs with available properties.
- Ensures available and model apartments are fresh and tidy.
- Conducts background and credit checks and verifies other references Prepares leases for Leasing Managers review and approval; obtains signatures from management and tenants.
- Coordinates move-in dates, materials, and processes.
- Prepares move-in materials.
- Creates, develops, and maintains a wait list as needed.
- Tours property daily to ensure it is neat, tidy, attractive, and in good repair.
- Manages use of shared facilities such as fitness and recreation areas, laundry facilities, and meeting or gathering spaces.
- Assists with recordkeeping, filing, bookkeeping, and paperwork as required.
- Creates, develops, and maintains a list of promotions and discounts.
- Develops and implements marketing strategies to attract renters.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate or business administration.
- Experience in sales or management.
- Real estate license for the appropriate state.
- Certification in risk management, real estate law
Skills needed for this role
The Leasing Agent must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written, outstanding marketing and sales skills, and excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee