The Legal Counsel is a law professional responsible to make sure that company’s business is adhering to law. Legal Counsels give legal advice and monitor all applicable legal aspects. He/SHe represents the organization in legal disputes.and advises executives and/or the Board of Directors about legal issues related to the organization’s business activities.
- Advises and represents the organization in courts and before government agencies (regulators).
- Provides accurate, relevant, and timely advice to your employer and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business sector and their products or services.
- Provides legal support and advice to upper management on relevant legal issues
- Researches and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Conducts research on different laws and regulations in various geographic and political environments
- Communicates and negotiates with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Keeps up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function
- Interviews clients to determine issues and recommends appropriate courses of legal action.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is required
- Previous working experience as a Legal Counsel for 3 years
- In-depth knowledge of administrative law and procedures
- Arbitration and mediation skills
Skills needed for this role
The Legal Counsel must have the ability to communicate orally with management, staff, other counsel, regulators, and judges is crucial. He/she must regularly use the phone and email for communication. Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee