The Production Supervisor ensures all manufacturing goes smoothly and efficiently by closely monitoring how employees organize their workflows. He/She is integral in a fast-paced production environment. He/She ensures the production process delivers high quality products in the most profitable manner.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations
- Oversees a company’s production operations
- Ensures that materials and supplies are in a positive flow.
- Helps manufacturing staff achieve company goals by communicating expectations, planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results
- Determines the quality of goods before shipping.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Assists workers by offering personal growth opportunities
- Resolves issues and disputes between manufacturing employees
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process
- Ensures that machines are functional and the production facilities adhere to safety standards.
- A degree in business administration, manufacturing/engineering or relevant field
- More than 3 years of experience as a Production Supervisor or similar role
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- Familiarity with company and industry quality standards and processes
- The ability to head a team successfully and resolve issues relating to personnel quickly and efficiently
- Comfortable working in an automotive manufacturing environment
Skills needed for this role
The Production Supervisor must have excellent coaching and communication, interpersonal, and time management skills. He/She must have the ability to track expenses and compile budget reports and broad knowledge of production planning processes.Having an understanding of machine controls and instrumentation.