The Quality Engineer generates a strategic plan to improve the business processes and increase production output. His/Her duties include creating the company’s quality standards and testing systems to reflect efficiency, reliability and performance.He/She is also responsible for the creation of documentation that reports issues and errors relating to the production process with efforts placed to find a solution.
- Determines quality improvement factors
- Develops inspection methods to analyze product quality
- Improves product quality by making recommendations for change
- Implements methods to inspect, test and evaluate the reliability of manufacturing processes, products and production equipment
- Develops and implements quality standards.
- Documents results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Makes sure processes adhere to quality standards
- Develops experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
- Investigates and troubleshoots product or production issues.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data
- Formulates a strategic plan to increase productivity in the business
- Ensures products adhere to company and industry quality standards.
- Degree in quality, industrial, or mechanical engineering.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Must have obtained license as a Quality Engineer
- Proven previous work experience as a Quality Engineer
- In-depth understanding of industry market trends and conditions
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic understanding of ISO 9000 design requirements.
Skills needed for this role
The Quality Engineer must have in-depth understanding of industry market trends and conditions and must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. He/She must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
Licensed Professional, Skilled Worker