The Project Engineer plans and coordinates technical engineering initiatives to make sure they can complete a project within their budget and according to a schedule. His/Her duties include upholding project standards by researching compliance regulations, developing project implementation plans and adjusting specifications for elements of a project.
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Conducts regular meetings with clients to ensure clarification and meet specific requirements in a timely manner.
- Tracks performance and analyzes the completion of key goals.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Facilitates and contributes to the development of project plans and designs.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Reviews the engineering tasks and initiates the necessary corrective actions.
- Compares the actual cost of the development project to estimates.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Develops specifications for the project’s needed equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in project engineering or related field,
- Master’s degree in Project Engineering preferred
- Must have obtained license as a Project Engineer
- Proven previous work experience as a Project Engineer
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic understanding of ISO 9000 design requirements.
Skills needed for this role
The Project Engineer must have the ability to use specialized software for collaboration and time management, including spreadsheets. He/She must have experience with inventory control and process improvement, strong time management and analytical skills.
Licensed Professional, Skilled Worker