The Receiving Clerk is responsible for maintaining inventory counts and quality control procedures for incoming and outgoing product shipments. His/Her duties include unloading delivery trucks and checking incoming shipments against product invoices, organizing and storing shipments until they receive outgoing order requests and notifying management personnel when they don’t have enough of a particular product to fulfill orders.
- Properly accounts for the location of incoming goods
- Compares purchase orders with invoices and packs lists.
- Assures no damaged items are sent or received
- Inspects deliveries to ensure they match order and invoice criteria.
- Compares packing lists to company purchase orders and ensuring that the products in each delivery match the packing list
- Receives and signs for deliveries.
- Collaborates with the marketing department to develop a schedule for assembling and displaying manufacturer marketing pieces on the sales floor
- Inspects shipments for damage and correct quantities
- Matches shipments to their associated purchase orders and enter receiving data on paperwork
- Updates inventory with received items.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Proven work experience as a Receiving Clerk or similar roles
- Physical dexterity and experience operating forklifts.
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs.
- Forklift certification is beneficial for unloading large shipments
Skills needed for this role
The Receiving Clerk must have math and recording abilities and excellent organizational and time management skills. He/She must have great communication, presentation and interpersonal abilities. He/She should be able to inspect deliveries with great attention to detail and be in good physical condition to lift and move heavy items.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee