The Software Developer serves as a member of the software development team. He/She aids in the innovation and creation of company software and programs. He/She works alongside a team of programmers to code programs that meet the needs of the company or client and he is generally found in tech-heavy industries and large corporations.
- Researches, designs, implements, and manages software programs
- Directs system testing and validation procedures.
- Tests and evaluates new programs
- Professionally maintains all software and create updates regularly to address customer and company concerns
- Identifies areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Consults with departments or customers on project status and proposals.
- Troubleshoots coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- Writes and implements efficient code
- Works closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- Prepares reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field
- Proven previous work experience as a Software Developer
- Professional program certification in Java is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- Experience developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, PHP and more
Skills needed for this role
The Software Developer must have knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies. He/She must have an understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment. Having self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends and outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Management