The Assembler is responsible for putting together component parts or pieces adhering to a specified set of blueprints or schematics. He/She verifies the correct quantities of components parts and quality checking completed items, manages parts inventory and uses hand tools and mechanical equipment to produce structurally sound products and structures.
- Maintains equipment and service them when necessary
- Follows technical instructions, interpret engineering blueprints and technical terms.
- Reads and comprehends instructions and follow established procedures
- Reads templates and measurements in order to position subassemblies accordingly.
- Interprets technical documents, such as diagrams, schematics, blueprints, or other verbal or written instructions.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Uses tools to make and/or repair parts and products.
- Discerns quality of parts and materials used in production
- Maintain a safe work environment by following all company protocols, regulations and procedures.
- Selects or modifies components according to measurements and specifications
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Higher degree from a technical school will be appreciated
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Proven work experience as an Assembler
- Technical knowledge and ability to read blueprints, drawings etc.
- Proficient with a variety of manual and power tools
- Must have good eyesight along with the ability to differentiate colors
- Ability to stand and work for extended periods of time
- Skilled in mechanics
Skills needed for this role
The Assembler must comprehend and follow detailed verbal or written instructions, as well as diagrams, blueprints, and other technical documents. He/She is a team player who is willing to work with those in their assigned lines or groups.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee