The Beauty Advisor sells and gives advice on the use of different cosmetics and skin care products. He/She provides each customer or client with highly detailed, personalized service to help them meet their beauty and health goals with the best products for their skin and hair.
- Sells cosmetics and skincare products while also providing skin and makeup advice to customers or clients
- Performs the function of a salesperson that is responsible for marketing cosmetics and skincare products at retail stores.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints.
- Reads and understands information about new products being developed and emerging on the market.
- Greets customers upon their arrival, giving a proper demonstration of the proper use of makeup and skincare products
- Informs clients about different makeup techniques.
- Represents for the company and their products, so he or she is acting as a sales person and as a customer service representative.
- Helps customers find the products that best suit their skin and hair types.
- High School diploma or GED is preferred
- Proven work experience as Beauty Advisor
- Extensive knowledge of different kinds of cosmetics, and hair and skincare products
- Experience in sales, retail, or related fields may be preferred.
- A friendly personality and pleasing appearance.
Skills needed for this role
The Beauty Advisor must be well groomed with hair in place and make up skillfully applied. He/She must wear appropriate clothing that is clean, pressed and in good condition and must have an outgoing personality. Having a strong interest in and understanding of the beauty product industry is also required for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee