The Salon Manager is responsible for the successful operations of hair, beauty and spa salons. He/She is responsible for both profit and customer satisfaction, salon managers lead their teams of salon staff to provide excellent services, maximize profit and follow all health and safety regulations
- Organizes and oversees the operations of hair or beauty salons
- Ensures compliance with the highest sanitation standards
- Ensures all staff are complying with occupational health and safety regulations.
- In-charge of hiring, training and dismissing staff members and managing the salon’s day-to-day activities
- Monitors salon supplies and equipment and orders new stock as needed.
- Arranges and manages the salon employee’s work schedules, considering seasonality for occasions and peak times.
- Monitors staff performance and provides guidance for growth.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the salon including opening and closing procedures, staff behavior and customer intake procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
- Proven work experience as a Beauty Salon Manager for more than 3 years
- Professional license in cosmetology within the state of salon practice
- Advanced organizational skills to manage staff, operations and salon finances
- A working knowledge of skin care therapies, hair removal techniques, and beauty products and trends.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Skills needed for this role
The Salon Manager must have excellent knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures. He/She must have the ability to handle customers’ requests and complaints with elegance. He/She must have excellent oral, written communication skills, organization and analytical skills. Having exceptional customer service skills is also essential for this role.