The Beauty Therapist performs body treatments that improve and beautify the skin and nails. She also advises clients about their at-home beauty options for care between treatments. Her work helps clients feel more attractive and confident.
- Evaluates clients’ beauty needs by asking questions and performing skin analyses.
- Improves a beauty business’ reputation, client base and profits
- Asks clients questions and using skin analysis to evaluate their needs allows beauty therapists to recommend appropriate treatments.
- Uses electrolysis plus waxing technique for facial and body hair removal
- Performs various massage techniques on clients’ face, hands, feet, and back.
- Responsible for keeping all their tools and their beauty room clean and sterilized
- Gives their assistants practical experience with simple treatments, such as shaping nails or waxing.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Additional education in Cosmetology or relevant field is a plus
- Proven work experience as a Beauty Therapy, Beauty Advisor or related jobs for more than 3 years
- A certification in a cosmetology, aesthetic, or related field.
- A working knowledge of skin care therapies, hair removal techniques, and beauty products and trends.
Skills needed for this role
The Beauty Therapist must keep customers relaxed is essential, so many beauty therapists use massage techniques to help clients release tension. She must have technical beauty skills to perform treatments to the highest standard. She must have good customer service to make clients feel comfortable and well cared for and manual dexterity for performing treatments.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee