The Beauty Specialist is an expert in makeup, cosmetics, and other beauty and skin care products. She advises clients on the best products for their specific needs. Her main duties involve demonstrating makeup techniques, explaining product details, and answering all customer questions.
- Recommends the most suitable skin care products (creams, lotions and serums) based on clients’ complexion and preferences
- Maintains counter standards by ensuring a clean, tidy and welcoming selling area.
- Focuses all efforts on providing an exceptional customer experience from approach, to application, to closing the sale and following up with the customer.
- Suggests beauty products and services.
- Provides live demonstrations of the products.
- Explains product details, including ingredients, price and application methods
- Enhances the client’s appearance using various makeup techniques.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Additional education in Cosmetology or relevant field is a plus
- Proven work experience as a Beauty Specialist, Beauty Advisor or related jobs for more than 3 years
- A certification in a cosmetology, aesthetic, or related field.
- A working knowledge of skin care therapies, hair removal techniques, and beauty products and trends.
- Exceptional ability to know various skin concepts and concerns.
Skills needed for this role
The Beauty Specialist must have the ability to learn and utilize online clienteling tools and software. She must be focused on attention to detail, taking initiative, and working in a positive working environment. She must demonstrate sound business judgment, organizational ability and professional make-up and treatment consultation and application
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee