The Caregiver supports patients with difficulties completing basic tasks, like people with disabilities, the elderly or patients suffering from mental disorders. His/Her main duties include administering medications, helping patients complete personal care tasks like bathing, dressing, eating or grooming and following the patients’ prescribed healthcare plan.
- Provides clients with assistance as needed, including helping with bathing and other personal hygiene activities.
- Help clients take prescribed medication
- Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments and may assist in preparing meals following pre planned menus
- Assists clients with personal care and hygiene
- Monitors and reports changes in health, behavior, and needs.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents
- Manages medication of patients
- Assists clients with daily living activities, including bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, and using the bathroom
- Assists with personal care and hygiene
- Advises clients and families on alterations to the house or living environment for enhanced health
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Proven work experience as a Caregiver for more than 3 years
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
- A willingness to work flexible hours, which may include night shifts.
Skills needed for this role
The Personal Caregiver must be patient and pleasant. He/She must have integrity and interpersonal skills in interacting with patients. He/She must also be strong enough to physically assist their patients, including helping them get in and out of bed or a wheelchair.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee