The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer works collaboratively with end users to develop reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making. He/She uses warehouse data to solve organizational problems through reports, analysis and data visualization.
- Data Modeling BI and Data Warehousing solutions
- Analyzes product, market, and share trends to build warehouse data.
- Responsible for simplifying highly technical language and complex information into layman’s terms for everyone else in the company to understand.
- Translates business needs into technical specifications.
- Documents contents in a data warehouse and meta-data storage
- Performs technical troubleshooting, code debugging, and problem solving for custom built data warehousing solutions
- Processes data extracts using data retrieval and management tools
- Assists in implementing effective business analytics practices that drive improved decision making, efficiency and performance
- Develops, deploys, and maintains BI tools and interfaces.
- Evaluating and improving existing BI systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Proven previous work experience as a BI (Business Intelligence) Developer
- Proficiency in data mining, business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI), data processing frameworks, and report writing.
- Working knowledge of BI technologies
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
Skills needed for this role
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer must demonstrate attention to detail on ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of the data warehouse and the individual work units. He/She must demonstrate detailed knowledge of BI areas including ETL design, analytics and reporting. He/She must also possess strong oral and written communication skills
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee
Information & Technology, Business Intelligence