The Busser is responsible for providing a clean and pleasant dining experience by clearing, sanitizing, and resetting tables and ensuring the dining room is well-stocked and tidy. He/She ensures that the restaurant supplies and equipment are clean and maintained, and assists customers with requests or complaints.
- Prepares tables before guests are seated
- Makes sure tables are decorated with candles, napkins, tablecloths and flowers
- Places plates, utensils and condiments on tables
- Offers customers complementary items such as rolls ,water and breadsticks as soon as the patrons sit down Refill beverages
- Removes dirty utensils and replace as needed
- Cleans and resets tables after guests leave
- Maintains health and safety regulations in kitchen and dining room
- Pitches in to assist the wait staff during busy shifts to reduce the customer wait time and ensure all meals are served hot and fresh.
- High school diploma or GED
- A food handler’s card/license is required
- Physically fit and able to move furniture and stand for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
Skills needed for this role
The Busser must have excellent customer service skills, excellent organizational and time management skills and strong verbal communication abilities
1-4 Years Experienced Employee